1. Make a gig using 10 blocks (Fig 21) making sure that the right hand block sits above the left one. 2. Find the centre of the room,measure 25mm or 1″ to the right of the centre line and position the gig as shown (Fig 22).
3. This will give equal cuts at the perimeter bu the cut may be too small, if this is the case, measure 108mm or 4 & 1/4″ to the right of the centre line and reposition. This will now be a better size of cut at the perimeter (Fig 23).
Tips for Karndean flooring fitters
1. Acclimatization-Karndean should be acclimatized for 24-48 hours prior to fitting.
2. Always prime the floor prior to screed.
3. Water based screed is far superior to latex.
4. Geometric Designs-Fit the field first and the border second.
5. Wood plank or border installations with no pattern-Fit the border first and the field second.
6. High temperature adhesive when using with underfloor heating and areas subject to heat such as conservatories.
7. Score and snap when cutting Karndean.
8. Cut into waist material to give a compression joint.
9. Always use Karndean cleaning products to maintain the floor.
You can buy Karndean parquet floors from Grosvenor Flooring at a competitive price with fast delivery or collection: